I had always felt intimidated by mean people and people with bad attitudes. I hate it when I feel intimidated. It makes me self-conscious and unable to think and communicate confidently.
The other day Lewis gave me a tip, which is so far working for me.
He said people misinterpret each other all the time. Sometimes, you might feel like people are mean to you, while in fact they feel normal toward you. And when you misinterpret that people are mean to you, it impacts your reaction to them. You might be mean to them back. You might not listen to the well-intentioned feedback from them. Or you might feel intimidated, like me. Then when another person senses the negative feelings from you, they might be mean to you for real. It's a vicious cycle of negative feelings. When you think negatively about someone, you might be wrong. Then, all you do is just creating imagination that hurts yourself. Therefore, to avoid the adverse impact of false negative, you will just need to always be positive.
These days, I always tell myself that everybody loves me, everybody means well, and everybody wants to be nice to me (although sometimes they don't act nicely). Since I have been telling myself this, I notice that I no longer feel intimidated by people with attitude...because I ignore their bad attitudes and forgive their mean actions.
Am I being naive? No! Of course not. I know that people can be mean. In fact, in the past few years, I have pretty good sense about people, particularly mean people. What I am doing is creating a gimmick for myself to feel confident and cheerful, not getting impacted by mean people.
People cannot give you what you don't take. People cannot give you craps, if you don't take it. You can choose what you want or don't want to take. I don't take attitude. I only take joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll get even with those meanies.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Anyway, Im just kidding.. :D
I'll check back for your future articles. Keep on posting nice stories!
I'll get even with those meanies!
.
.
.
.
.
.
Anyway, Im just kidding.
I'll check back for your future stories :D
Post a Comment